Menu
billbenn
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Missing Cables - 6 weeks after Installation

I've signed up to VM for the home phone, TV & broadband package in October, and an engineer visited to install the service on October 10th. However, whilst TV & broadband appear to work, the engineer did not provide the necessary cables or adapter for the phone service.

I contacted customer service the following week and was told the cables would be sent in the post. Following this up, I was then told that had been cancelled without a proper explanation as to why. I raised a complaint on October 27th as the kit had still not been received. This complaint was closed on November 2nd without my consent for the apparent reason of 'education given' but with no attempt to actually provide me with the necessary cables to use a service that I'm paying for but prevented by VM from accessing.

I received a follow-up phone call on Tuesday from the complaints team, and arranged for a follow-up call yesterday but didn't receive the promised contact.

It's now 7 weeks where I've been paying for a service that VM have failed to provide. I've made numerous attempts to contact VM via phone, live chat & email to fix this with little response. I just want the cables to be provided so that I can access this service - not sure why this is proving so difficult? 

Posting this in the hope that someone from Virgin will actually resolve this...

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Missing Cables - 6 weeks after Installation

Hello

I have escalated to the VM forum team, one of the VM staff will be along in this thread to have a look at it for you.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Rachael_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi billbenn,

I'm really sorry that you've been unable to use your landline service in the weeks following your installation, I certainly would have expected the RJ11 adaptor to be provided at point of install. I'm also extremely disappointed in the level of service you've received when trying to resolve this issue. Thank you for reaching out to us on our forums where we can certainly look to get this sorted for you.

I'm unsure why this has taken so long and you are yet to receive the necessary adaptor. This should be a simple thing to fix, so I'm shocked at the experience you've had so far. As you had a manned installation, there is no process for simply sending out an adaptor. The agents you've already spoken to should have been aware of this, so rest assured that I'll be passing on some feedback.

In order to have this rectified and ensure that your landline service is up and running, we'd need to book you a further engineer visit. I've gone ahead and scheduled the next available slot to avoid any further delay, but I'm also going to send you a private message to confirm that this slot is suitable. Please head to the purple envelope in the top right corner to respond. You should also be able to check and amend this visit via your online account.

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos
Rachael_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks again for joining me for a private message! As discussed, please let me know once the scheduled visit is complete so we can address your other concerns.

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos