Menu
RogerCoe
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Message for Mr Alan Stott Director of Consumer Processing

Dear Mr Stott,

Complaint Reference: [Removed]

Thank you for the letter dated 28 June, 2019. Still waiting for your telephone call to resolve complaint. I would like to complain further after receiving correspondence from bpo collections. Your accounts department were supplied with details of payment that have subsequently been lost. Contact me to discuss: [Removed]

I will contact Offcom to discuss further the incompetence of your organisation.

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Message for Mr Alan Stott Director of Consumer Processing

What a waste of time and actually a dangerous post. This is a public forum and you have disclosed a personal mobile phone number. Expect fully to be scammed alive now. You still have few minutes to edit the post to remove those details but if you don't I have asked the Mods to do it.

Secondly no VM staff other than the staff employed on this Forum read posts made here. So you action is futile. And as you have already raised the issue with VM as a complaint the rules about complaints prevent the staff here from intervening or passing on any advice.

OFCOM will tell you the straightforward position. OFCOM do not deal with individual complaints. There is an arbitration procedure for that via CISAS (the VM nominated arbitrator).. OFCOM will politely decline to get involved.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

RogerCoe
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Howard ML,

I found your comments abhorrent and totally unhelpful. I have had an awful experience with VM and receiving no help in contacting the organisation.

Good luck with your own time wasting posts.

Count me out

0 Kudos
VMCopperUser
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Ofcom do not accept complaints from customers directly.  It does not matter how valid (or not) the complaint may be.

https://www.cedr.com/consumer/cisas/make-a-complaint/ is the path you will want to go if no resolution is found.

Ideally before you complain you will have received a "deadlock" letter, but I am unsure if VM will supply it.  If you do not receive a notice of deadlock then you can make a complaint via CEDR after waiting AT LEAST 8 weeks.  If you do not receive a "deadlock" letter, then do not apply to CEDR until 8 weeks has passed.

If your debt was paid by a 3rd party, you should ask for a Transaction ID.  This ID is normally something that must be requested through the bank (some provide it without asking) but generally that ID will be unique and searchable and should make it really easy for Virgin to find the transaction.

----
I do not work for VM, but I would. It is just a Job.
Most things I say I make up and sometimes it's useful, don't be mean if it's wrong.
I would also make websites for them, because the job never seems to require the website to work.
0 Kudos