Menu
Sheppeyescapee
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Marketing Calls

Hi, I have been getting a lot of calls from Virgin Marketing and I updated my preferences on my account which said it could take 28 days to update.  Prior to updating I was getting 3 calls a day from VM now it has increased to 5 times a day.  I am autistic and I am not dealing very well with the stress of all these constant calls every day.  I just don't understand why it would take 28 days to update, and why it has increased since updating the preference! I spoke to a VM customer service person on the online chat and their only solution was to use their call blocking service but I would be charged for it, to block their own marketing people.  The gall of it 😞 I just want it to stop.  My deal doesn't even run out until June, not that I can understand the people on the phone when it actually goes through because the line quality is so bad and the background noise is so loud I cannot make out what the person is saying.  I use the phone so little because I find it so stressful, so having these constant calls has been causing a lot of unnecessary stress.  I don't know what else to do.  

0 Kudos
Paulina_Z
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Marketing Calls

Hi @Sheppeyescapee

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post and I'm very sorry to hear that you're receiving a lot of unwanted calls! We understand that this can be very stressful and not something that customers want to experience.

I understand that you have amended your Marketing Preferences to not receive these calls, however, sometimes, fraud callers can contact Virgin Media customers pretending to be us. In order to keep yourself safe from any Fraud calling, please take a look at our dedicated Fraud Calling page to see how you can protect yourself from it. Please be aware of any calls you receive and what information you provide on the call to keep yourself and your information safe.

If you're uncertain of who you're speaking to, you can hang up can contact us either via Forums, or calling us on 150/ 03454541111 where we can confirm if it was us contacting you.

Are you able to tell us what numbers have been contacting you on your landline?

Please keep us updated on how you're getting on and if there's anything further we can do to help.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Sheppeyescapee
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paulina, thank you for your response.  The numbers that have been calling are 08001836416, 08001836411, 08001836408, 08004089340.  That's the ones from the last few weeks.  

0 Kudos
goslow
Community elder
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Does your phone not have any features to block individual numbers?

Don't pay anything to VM for call blocking. They only offer anonymous caller rejection (ACR) which won't help in this case if the numbers are actually coming through.

If you still get calls once the opt-out time has passed, then the chances are you have been getting scam calls alongside real VM calls. Consider getting a call screening device such as trueCall

https://www.truecall.co.uk/category-s/116.htm

or one of the BT phone ranges which have a simplified version of the trueCall technology built in.

0 Kudos
Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for confirming that @Sheppeyescapee

These do appear to be Virgin sales number so the calls should stop after the marketing preferences have been updated. 

I am so sorry for the inconvenience caused by this. Are you able to let us know how the calls are after the 28 days?

Thank you.

Ash_C
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos