Menu
Bonway59
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

MOVING HOME but no Virgin Media

MOVING HOME but no VIRGIN MEDIA

I currently have Broadband&phone with VM but I'm moving home and Virgin media don't serve the area I'm moving to. I am obviously going to have to leave VM and go with a company that does supply the area.

But...what happens with regards my VM contract? And how can I speak to someone when I can't get a number to call them?!!

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: MOVING HOME but no Virgin Media

you will have to cancel and if still in contract pay the early disconnection fees
0 Kudos
Bonway59
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for responding, How can I cancel if I don't have a number to contact them?

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Number is in contact us (bottom of all pages) than thinking of leaving

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/contactus/thinking-of-leaving
0 Kudos
Bonway59
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I've been on contact us, ive left messages but all it does is keep offering me the help options. Thats how I've ended up here. I certainly don't want to end up continuing to pay for a servis that I won't be receiving. I've even been to the thinking of leaving page! I wanted to keep VM so it's not my fault that they can't supply me I've done the whole giving details thing in the home move section so they can let me when it'll be available in my new area, but that could be never!

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

and it is your problem legally. Your contract was to supply services at the installed address for the minimum term. As you are moving you have to cancel breaking that contract. So as agreed you will be charged the EDF. 

You'll need to go through the normal cancelation process, not the home movers as you are not moving your services with you you need to cancel

Still need some help?

Due to the quarantine measures brought about by the coronavirus outbreak, some of our call centres and customer support teams have closed or are now working at a reduced capacity.

Unfortunately, this means our lines could be very busy, so if your request isn’t urgent it’d be best to call us at another time. If you need to talk to us give our team a call on 150 from your Virgin Media phone or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 * from any other phone.

*For details about how much it costs to call our team from a Virgin Media home phone, visit virginmedia.com/callcosts. Call costs from other networks and mobiles vary.

0 Kudos
Bonway59
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you 

0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@Anonymous is unfortunately correct, and thanks to useless regulation by the clowns of Ofcom, VM can charge you early exit penalties in this situation.  Sadly you'll just have to suck them up and chalk them down to experience.

However, in respect of the fact that 9 months into Covid, VM still haven't managed to sort out customer contact, you can at least cancel by post.  The address is in section N of the T&Cs.  In the letter, be very clear on the termination date, and ask for a written, postal summary of any charges that VM intend to apply.

Any messing around, failure to action the cancellation, any failure to tell you about charges, and you can initiate a formal complaint against VM and then escalate to CISAS in due course, asking for compensation.  That won't be quick, but it might recoup a modest fraction of any charges.  But I'm sure VM wouldn't mess up a simple request like that.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos