Menu
Highlighted
Brighton1963
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Lost phone number

I changed from sky to virgin for broadband and house phone . I told them I wanted my old phone number as I have had the same for 28 years and it is sign written on my van and on all my letterheaded paper and business cards. They have lost my number and say they cannot get it back. I have made a complaint and have been told someone will ring me. Well someone is ringing me but as soon as I answer it they hang up. I think they are doing this so they can say they have tried to ring me. I don’t know what to do now because it’s pointless ringing them up as I can’t get to speak to the person who is meant to be dealing with this case. I have asked to speak to a manager but they always say one isn’t available and they will ring me up but never do .please help

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Lost phone number

Firstly welcome to the Virgin Media community forum.

Sorry to hear that you're having issues with your phone number Brighton1963. 

Please could i first clarify that you're a residential customer with us and not business? You mentioned business cards and I just wanted to check as we cannot handle any business accounts on this forum. If you're a residential customer, we will be able to look into this from here for you.

Thanks

Steven_L

0 Kudos
Brighton1963
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yes it’s residential 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for confirming.

I'm going to send you a Private Message asking for some details, please reply to it so I can take a look for you.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
minnster
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Brighton1963

Sorry to hijack your thread, but wondered if this ever got sorted out for you as a very similar thing has happened to me and the response from VM has been less than useless, so far!

Many thanks

Jo

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi minnster,

Thanks for posting.

I'm sorry to hear you're also having similar issues.

Can I confirm if this is a residential or business account please?

Can you give us some more information about your specific issue so I know how best to help? When was your line disconnected? Was it a transferred number from another provider? 

Depending on when it was disconnected and your other provider, we may not be able to retrieve the number.

Some more information will help us to help you.

Thanks

Melissa

0 Kudos