cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost my previous virgin landline number

SuperAlanXp
Joining in

Hello,

My dad was the account holder for our household, he's had to go into care and we've had to cancel the virgin media phone line and broadband contract and put it under my name this was in October/November 2022

What I didn't realize was our copper landline was disconnected and moved to phone over broadband, it's only just occurred to me that our copper landline has never worked since November 2022 and hasn't been receiving calls. I plugged my landline telephone into the Virgin Media Router and was able to call my mobile number but it was calling under a new landline number.

Copper landline is downstairs whilst the Virgin Media Router is upstairs in the house.

The new landline number has never been displayed in any of my monthly PDF bills

When purchasing the contract online, I did request our previous virgin media landline number to be ported over as this number has been with this property for over 20 years

As it's been 8 months since my contract has started, and my previous landline number has been disconnected, is there anyway for me to recover my previous landline number?

When calling my previous landline number, it's unable to make the call.

2 REPLIES 2

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @SuperAlanXp 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry that you have faced this issue with your service and thank you again for your post.

As it has been so long since the number was disconnected it may not be possible to regain this but I would be more than happy to check this. 

I will pop you a PM across now, please keep an eye out for the envelope at the top of your screen alerting you to a new message.

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I ought to point out that number porting is specifically so that a single customer can move a line number to another provider. Number portability was never designed to move a number from one account to another. If you had applied to change the account holder name to yours you could have retained the number on the old contract. But as you chose to cancel & rejoin as a new customer there is no obligation on the part of the provider to move the number to what is effectively another customer.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks