Menu
ciecho81
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Lost my landline number

Hello,

I lost my landline number when it was supposed to switched over by VM. My VM account is now running for almost a month and my TalkTalk account was active until yesterday. I only realised when I switched my phone and tried calling home and it said it was not active. 
can someone from VM help as TalkTalk said over the phone that they can’t do anything now as number was deactivated. I saw some threads when VM was able to recover the number form OpenReach. 
please help. 

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Lost my landline number

Did you contact TalkTalk at any time & give them notice of cancellation?

This is the most common cause of numbers failing to port, as any direct notice of cancellation from the customer puts a “pending disconnection” flag on the line, which blocks any porting request.

Virgin must handle the cancellation as part of the port. There is no guarantee Virgin will be able to retrieve the number after the deactivation date.

VM BB TV Landline PAYG mobile. Freeview/Freesat HD, Tesco Mobile. Customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Lost my landline number

Hi ciecho81,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear you lost your number due to a number port not being done.

When you come over to us in order for us to take the number it has to be active with the old provider if not we aren't able to take it.

I have had a look at your account using the details we have for you and can see we did attempt to port the number over, so I can look further into this and see if there is anything we can do I will invite you into a private chat, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos