Menu
P2
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Lost my landline number

I have joined Virgin media on 19th May start my service on 21st July but as issues inThe area Virgin can’t work until 24July.

Sky services end on 21-05-0221 I am having issues to get my old phone number back.

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Re: Lost my landline number

I hope you only gave Sky notice to cancel TV services.

Virgin must handle the number porting process in its entirety, INCLUDING the cancellation of your Sky landline account.

If you contacted Sky & gave notice to give up your landline service you effectively block any number porting request from another provider going through.

Your line must stay live with Sky until the day it is ported. It cannot be held "in suspension" until the new service is available as this is not allowed under OFCOM rules.

VM BB TV Landline. Vonage 2nd line. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi P2,

Thanks for posting on the Community Forums! Welcome to Virgin Media 🙂

As nodrogd has pointed out, can you please confirm whether your landline service is still active with Sky? We would need to ensure that the landline is still active with your current provider so we can ensure that the number port would complete successfully. 

Kind regards,

Beth

Beth
0 Kudos
P2
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi Beth, 

the number is not active with sky anymore. Is there any way to get back my number now? 

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi P2,

It's a tricky one as we can only request a number port if the existing number is assigned to an active landline service, so it would be something you'd need to raise with Sky to see if they can reactivate your landline service temporarily and get your number back.

If they advise whether this can be possible, do let us know and we will request the number port for you ASAP. However I will advise that there unfortunately won't be any guarantee that Sky can get the number back for you.

Kind regards,

Beth

Beth
0 Kudos
P2
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi Beth 

Sky is unable to get this number back. This number was originally taken out from Virgin Media in 2008. So I believe it is originally owned by Virgin media? So is it not possible for Virgin media to get it back now? 

where would the number be gone as sky says they are not in possession of it anymore either? 

0 Kudos
P2
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 20
Flag for a moderator

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Home-Phone/Lost-landline-number/td-p/4297664

Hi Beth, 

Please see above Forum where a similar issue was solved by Paul and Lisa, is it possible to find out how they did it and replicate something similar? 

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi P2,

I'll do my best to see if it's something we can get sorted for you. I'll pop you over a PM now so I can grab some more details 🙂

Thanks,

Beth

Beth
0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 20
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Abida,

Thanks for confirming your details via PM.

I have submitted a request to enquire about keeping your previous landline number - I should hear back tomorrow at the latest, so as soon as I do have any update for you I will give you a shout from here.

Kind regards

Beth

Beth
P2
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Re: Landline Number

Hi

I would like to thank you Beth_ G to help me getting my old landline number back. I am so happy the service I received from you and you team.
Next steps are to sort out my TV and broadband issues. Please let me know who can support me around these areas.
Thanks again
P2😊
Regards