Menu
jhenry206
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Lost my Sky Telephone Number when moving to VirginMedia

Does anyone know of a contact or how I can get Virgin Media to try and sort this mess out ?

Basically I moved from Sky to Virgin less than 2 weeks ago, however...they gave me a new telephone number, but we want to keep and use our old number we had for well over 20 years ! (Note:- When I completed the online ordering form, I ticked to say we wanted to keep our old number).

I've spoken to Virgin Media (150) and they tell me that the porting form was sent to Sky....but I've now managed to get hold of Sky and they tell me Virgin never asked for it, so it's gone back into the Pool of numbers owned by BT of something like that.

If anyone has any help, it would be great, as I'm getting no where fast.

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Lost my Sky Telephone Number when moving to VirginMedia

Is the sky number and account still active with no cancelation on it.

Had you requested sky to cancel your account when or since joining VM?/

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
jhenry206
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I phoned SKY when I got my install date from Virgin to Cancel my phone / Broadband / TV. I told them I was moving across to VM.

The line went dead around 5am (I know because that's when my internet went down). Virgin did the install around 9:30 the same day. I still currently have SKY TV, but that ending mid next month as I was still on contract.

The engineer seemed to think that Customer Svcs did not send the form over as he did not know it was due to come across (He knew my old number). He rang his manager and they said I did tick the form...but there was nothing he could do today and it was best to contact customer svcs.

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

that was the problem
As per ofcom rules a phone line must be active without a cancelation request on the line to port a number.

If you ask Sky to cancel the number port would fail. If the number has now been cancelled it can't be ported

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
jhenry206
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Oh, OK.

I did not know that.

Thanks for your quick reply.

0 Kudos