cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost landline

sally24
Joining in

Switching from Sky to VM. VM have failed to port my landline that we've had for 35 years rigth from start. I've been continually been given false information from VM staff after being continually been passed from different departments at VM. I've even officially complained to VM to no avail. My contract started with VM on the 31/08/21. I'm due to leave VM on the 12/10/21 sine they have continually failed.

Can anyone help in advising as to how I can get my lndline back?

I have even filed a complaint with Ofcom, but it appears to be more of a talking shop rather than actioning customer complaints

3 REPLIES 3

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @sally24.

Thanks for your first post 🙂 

I'm vert sorry to hear you've had issues with getting your landline ported over, I appreciate this is frustrating and we apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

To confirm, when joining us did you advise you wanted to port the number over? 

Have you contacted your previous provider to ensure the number is still active? 

Thanks,

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

I've left VM on the 12/10/21, before the end of my contract. I've now been asked to pay a early disconnection fee. However because of the poor service that I've had and the fact that they lost my landline number that we had for over 33 years and been fobbed off by various members of VM over the last 8 weeks. I've had enough and I'm quite happy to fight this through the courts. I've also submitted complaints to VM (waste of time) and Ofcom. I'm also going to write to the Sunday Times withtheir money section

Thanks for coming back to us @sally24,

I'd be happy to take a closer look into this for you

Check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me

Kindest regards,

David_Bn