Menu
CraigBurris
Tuning in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Lost landline number

Right been with virgin for years. Couldn't come to an agreement on a new contract so decided to move to a different supplier. 

My number was ported over to nowt but virgin then offered me a deal which suited me with 2 days of my number porting.

I Took the deal and virgin said they would port my number back. My new contract of broadband home telephone and sim only with virgin started 2nd December 2020.

My home telephone WASN'T activated for over a month even though I was paying for it. 

They then admitted via live chat that they didn't ask Nowtv to port my number back so that has now gone.

That number is 8 years old it took us 5 years to get out disabled son to memorise that number.

Virgin will not refund me for the time I had paid for home telephone as I didn't raise it quick enough. 

Virgin will not help get my number back. 

Virgin had failed a household with 3 disabled children 

I am now day 26 into an official complaint of which they have 28 days to respond with a resolution. 

I am going around in circles with them I have spent weeks on the phone explaining the same thing to so many different people and that's the times I actually get through to someone trying to. I have 3 disabled children they need my attention. 

I am deeply appalled by this experience 

0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Lost landline number

Hi CraigBurris,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm truly sorry to hear about the issues you've had with your landline. 

We certainly would like to help to see if we can resolve this. Can you confirm the landline number itself is still active to NowTv?

^Martin

0 Kudos
CraigBurris
Tuning in
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

It has been 28 days now so where do I stand? 

0 Kudos
CraigBurris
Tuning in
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

No it isnt active anymore as virgin failed to ask to port the number or  [removed] over. 

You took over 40 days to actually activate my landline for which I have been billed for which surely is fraud.

You then gave me a random number. 

It has now been 28 days since my official complaint and no surprise no one has contacted me for a resolution. 

I want my deadlock letter please. 

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

when you moved over to VM was the nowtv phone line still active and you didn't ask them to cancel the account?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
CraigBurris
Tuning in
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I was originally with virgin moved to nowtv within 2 days virgin offered me a deal to stay so accepted. They told me they would port the number back they never did. 

I think just after 2 weeks my nowtv services ended.

There is the issue of being billed as well for 40 plus days for a service they didn't activate and are refusing to refund for 

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

number ports can only happen if both providers lines are active and no disconnection request is on the line. If you asked Now tv to cancel before the port that would of blocked the number port

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi CraigBurris, thanks for the message and sorry to hear that you have had issues with the landline number. In order for us to port the number the line would need to remain active until we can port the number and as the service has now ceased with the old supplier we would not be able to obtain the number - Chris 

0 Kudos
CraigBurris
Tuning in
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

This is exactly my complaint. Virgin didn't port the number over as requested but they told me they had so lied. They have also billed me for over 40 days for a landline when it wasn't even active.

So because virgin messed up lied and tried to. Cover thier tracks they have failed a vulnerable household. I cannot wait to leave them.

They won't even give me a deadlock letter to take this further 

0 Kudos
CraigBurris
Tuning in
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Read the post. The line WAS ACTIVE!! my services switched back to virgin and nowtv then cancelled my account.

I didn't. The fact is virgin didn't ask to port the number over they only switched my broadband.

This is thier mess up not mine but NO ONE will help.

I understand how porting works though thank you

0 Kudos