Menu
JPM1
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Lost home landline number

Moved home locally and installed same broadband hub. Started a new contract 18 month contract. Virgin have given me a new landline number and I have lost without my permission the number which the family has had for almost 50 years. I want my number back.

I've completely lost faith in virgin because I can't get this resolved. In trying to speak to agents I'm not passing the security test. However for example  I'm being asked for letter 7 of the password I use when contacting them but my password is only 6 letters. I'm being asked what my last bill is and the date it is paid. I tell them but they say its for the new contract that they want this info. I haven't been billed for my new contract yet and nothing is on my banking app of on My Virgin. ANYONE KNOW PLEASE HOW I CAN GET MY NUMBER BACK. WHO TO TAKE THIS MATTER UP WITH. MANY THANKS.

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Lost home landline number

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums JPM1, and a very warm welcome to you!

I can see to take a look into this for you, to see if getting the old landline number back would be possible.

Have you by any chance ran a test call on the phone number? If would suggest that the number has already been taken and we would therefore be unable to re-issue you with this number

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
JPM1
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you David. I've dialled the number and it just says it can't be reached. My number should never have been changed. I do fear that the linger this goes on to resolve it will be gone forever.  So I'd be pleased for some help.

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to me, the fact it doesn't connect sounds somewhat promising

Check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me

Kindest regards,

David_Bn