cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loss of landline service

Chrisandvon
Joining in

Am I the only person in the world who knew nothing about this Internet phone switchover until I phoned to report my loss of dialtone? I'm guessing that June 1st was some sort of special date in the process. I get a text saying "great news, we've rescheduled your install visit from the 19th to the 8th. Was blissfully unaware of anything having been scheduled. Also, how does "auto-compensation" work if you don't already know of the beginning of the outage?

Looking forward to my contract being up in September. 

3 REPLIES 3

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Chrisandvon 👋

Thanks for your post, and welcome to the Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing issues with your Landline dial tone, and have only recently been made aware of the upcoming changes. The migration to Fibre/Internet Phone is a government-led initiative, as the old copper network is becoming expensive to maintain and obsolete with the progression of telecommunication technologies. All providers are required to have migrated their services to Fibre Phone by 2025. You can read more on this here.

I've taken a look on our side, and it looks like there were no changes in your area relating to this switchover, and another factor is most likely causing the issue you're facing.

Auto Compensation begins 48 hours from the day you notified us of the loss of service, and you can read more about this here

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Thanks Reece - no, the engineer who came to attach my phone to my hub apologised for the state of VM customer service and was of the opinion that my service had indeed been cut off. He also informed me that the compensation for lack of service wasn't worth the hassle of chasing. He was a great guy, shame about the rest of the service. Soon be September 😉

I am sorry you feel this way.

If the compensation was due it would just added right onto your bill.

I would also be happy to raise a complaint for you if you wish? Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?