cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loss of caller ID

Cristy1
Joining in

About a month ago the Caller ID stopped working on my home phone. I've contacted tech support twice and I don't seem to be getting anywhere. All they have said is that the phone switchover is in progress and there have been some problems. The last advisor booked me in for the switchover and said I would get a text or an email with a date but I have not received anything.

However, this has not solved the problem that I have with the caller ID. I have reset my phone to factory settings and have changed the batteries as requested but it has made no difference. I need this facility so that I can recognise nuisance calls.

Can anyone help with this please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for confirming Cristy1 😊

So I can take a closer look at this for you, I've popped you over a private message to get a few more details.

Alex_Rm

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Cristy1,

Thanks for posting, and sorry to hear you're having some issues with the call features.

Can you please confirm if your line is working at the moment? Is it just Caller Display that has the problem?

Alex_Rm

Cristy1
Joining in

Hi Alex

The line is working fine but instead of the caller ID showing it just says "External call" where as before it showed the caller name and number.

Thanks for confirming Cristy1 😊

So I can take a closer look at this for you, I've popped you over a private message to get a few more details.

Alex_Rm

makes
Joining in

We changed our contract on 5th sept, ever since cannot view caller id, it just shows incoming call.  The intermittent ring tone makes us believe we also have messages when we dont.  We've rang several times to no avail, we bought new handsets as the operator seemed to think it was those and its not.  We have relatives stored in memory who also come up "incoming Call" not by their name anymore !

Hi makes,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear caller ID has stopped working and that you have a tone like you have a message but don't.

I was able to locate you on our system with the details we have for you and cannot see any reason why Call ID doesn't work, are the new phones caller I D compatible?

Regards

Paul. 

Yes phones are compatible, our neighbours have also told us their phones are doing the same thing, so it must be a virgin issue.  We have 20 saved contacts which always shows their names up on ringing in, now it just shows "incoming call"