cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loss of Phone Line

POdedra
Joining in

On 16/03 I had a call with someone from Virgin Media about setting up a new contract as mine was coming to an end. We came to an agreement on the renewal but then the next day the contract came through and was different to what we had agreed. The price was wrong but more importantly my phone package and line rental had been removed. 

I called up to get this fixed and was told that I would get my phone line and phone number back by 27/03 and after that we would fix the contract as nothing could be done until my number was retrieved. 

On 27/03 I still had no dial tone so called back and was told again to wait a few days. I have called back over 8 times since with calls lasting near enough an hour and have been given conflicting information every time. Some agents saying that it will be back in a few days, 7-10 days, I need to create a new contract or that there is nothing they can do.

On 3 occasions I was told I would be getting a call back to give me an update but never did and also a few times the agent just hung up on me after putting me on hold. 

I have also since had to pay a bill which was for more than I had agreed and also today received another bill that is over double the price I agreed but still with a missing landline.  

The problem was promised to have been fixed by 5 different dates with the latest being 21/04 and it still has not. I would greatly appreciate some help with this. 

3 REPLIES 3

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello POdedra

Thanks for letting us know on here as it give us a chance to take a look and get this resolved 

I did check the Line and it appears to be active 

Can You please try calling it from your Mobile and let me know what happens 

Gareth_L

Hi Gareth_L,

I can dial the number and I get an engaged beeping. 

Thanks for replying 

I can look into this for you 

Looking like we may need to get an engineer out as it could be disconnected at the local green cabinet
If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L