Menu
Blueboxsa
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Losing dialling tone on landline phone

Second time in a week that the dialling tone has broken up then died. First time it seemed to right itself but today it's gone again - starts Ok, like when phoning 150 then dies after a few pulses. Also it appears I cannot take incoming calls.

Service status check indicative "inconclusive results" ref 210235903, which is not very helpful.

I would rather not spend hours listening to "X-Factor" music on an expensive mobile waiting to talk to cusutomer service so is there an alternative way of getting this matter clarified and resolved?

In case it's of relevance I have also had several weeks of intermittent outage on our broadband, although at long last that has supposedly been fixed.

Finally, phones appear to otherwise working Ok so my guess is an engineer will be required. If so how do I get one?

DJ

0 Kudos
SCA1972
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Losing dialling tone on landline phone

If you don't want to wait on the phone then VM are recommending you send a text to 07533 051809 describing the issue and you should get a response, but it may take a day or two at present. This is a text only service, it does not support voice calls.  
https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Digital-life/When-and-how-to-use-our-messaging-service/ba-p/425...

Another option is to wait here for one of the forum team to pick up this thread, this could also take a few days.

My setup: V6 TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos