Menu
PeterSVP
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Long wait for repairs

Our telephone stopped working on Monday and shortly after 1st June. A technician arrived on the 9th, who was friendly and helpful, but could not solve the problem. A new cable appears to be required from the cable box to our house. The date given for this work is 2nd July. We are over seventy and isolated at home at this time and wonder who I could speak to, asking whether this date could be brought forward at all. Appreciate the challenge circumstances.

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Long wait for repairs

Hi PeterSVP,

Sorry to hear that the engineer wasn't able to fix the landline issue and that a cable re-pull is required. This type of work requires a separate team to go out to lay the cables however the reason why it's in July is because of the planning work required. Our back office team will be organising it and this involves sorting the necessary equipment, traffic management, permissions from third parties, and the crew as examples. Once it's organised, the team will go out to complete the cable re-pull and lay new ones.

The alternative is to convert to our new phone platform where the landline goes via the HUB. Was this offered as an alternative for you? If it wasn't then I'll be happy to get this arranged for you.

Regards,

Lisa

0 Kudos
PeterSVP
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply. Fortunately the cable box is next to our garden and the pipe, with the cables, runs under our lawn to the house. I did mention using the hub but evidently we could not use our various wired extensions throughout the house if we did so. Sometime, over night, our phones became live again, with a dialling tone which we discovered this morning. We are currently seeing how reliable this unexpected "reconnection" is and how long it lasts.

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for popping back to confirm that the options were given to you PeterSVP. I hope the landline continues to work until the re-pull repair work is completed and let us know after it's been completed if you experience anymore issues with it.

Regards,

Lisa

0 Kudos