Menu
tristram
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Long standing,loyal customer.

I recently changed  from Talk More Anytime to Talk Weekends.

The new package was set up by Keeton (retentions team) on April 29th, to start  May 29th £30 per month,  for 12 months.  He  said that package would have everything the same, but only on Saturday and Sunday: .......calls to landlines and all mobiles.   01  02  03  UK numbers.   0845   0870  0800        All free up to 1hour.

The next 2  payments  would be for £21 and £20 because of adjustments.

April 30th I spoke to Cara, just to verify the package that had been set up. She went through everything with me.

June 10th Bill came through at £54.02p Mobile calls had been added.

June10th  6.45pm I spoke to Sam. After ¾ hour and after several requests from me, he rather reluctantly put me through to Retentions. I was on hold until 7.55pm.when Martin answered.

He checked everything and reset payment to £21.The next payment would be£20. Martin also reduced monthly payment to £25 for weekend calls and everything else in our original Talk more anytime package would be included.

Martin upgraded the package on June 10th.This will end on May 10th 2021.

He told me to ring in at beginning  May2021 to discuss discounts and offers available at that time.

I asked for an email of confirmation of details of new package. This did not arrive.

Next bill came for £54.34p. Mobile calls had been charged.

July 11th I spoke with Joy. She checked everything and sorted bill back to £20. I was told an email print out would be sent Ref id 2230206. This did not arrive.

July 18th 8.05am I spoke with Leah to ask about the email. She told  me that mobiles are not included in Talk weekends.

I then spoke with Lauren (retentions) She said mobiles are not included and neither are 03 numbers.

Lauren set up a complaint request on my behalf, but said it could take up to 28 days for someone to contact me and that the outcome would probably be the same.

I am a 77 years old pensioner, and because of underlying health problems,  have been and still am, self isolating since March11th. due to Covid 19. I use the home phone at weekends to keep in touch with family members and friends. Some of them only have mobiles. This is why I checked and double checked, that  all mobiles were included in my package. I am now worried to use the phone in case of incurring big bills.

0 Kudos
Tom_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Long standing,loyal customer.

Hi tristram, thanks for getting in touch.

Sorry for any confusion around your phone package and the charges on your bill.

I'm unsure why you were told that 03 numbers aren't included in Talk Weekends, as they are along with 01 & 02 numbers. However mobile numbers aren't - unless they are VM mobile numbers specifically, this is confirmed in the package breakdown here: https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/phone/compare

Do you have confirmation that the package you signed up for should include all mobile numbers - or was it confirmed online somewhere? If so please let us know so we can ensure corrections are made where needed. 

Tom 

tristram
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello Tom, as stated in my letter to which you replied, beginning on April 29th, when Keeton told me the package would have the same inclusions as my previous Talk more anytime package, which I talked through with him, but only Sat & Sun.
Every time I had a conversation with a member of the Virgin Team, I asked for the inclusions to be rechecked for me.
June 10th (approximately 7.55pm)Martin next sorted my payments. New price to be £25 with same inclusions,after adjustments on next 2 bills.
Next conversation was with Joy (June 10th).I asked Martin and then Joy for email confirmations of package inclusions, buy have not received them.
Back tracking of the conversations should provide evidence.
I feel I have been totally let down and wrongly advised by members of the Virgin Team, who are supposed to be there to help customers needing help and advice.I asked each time for package details to be checked, to make sure mobiles were included. I therefore think that I should have been told that only VM mobiles were part of my package. I always prefer to talk with someone, rather than make mistakes when using the computer.

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to us tristram

Sorry to hear of the confusion caused

I'd be happy to take a closer look into the billing for you and see if there's anything that can be done to review this

Check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner of the screen for a PM from me

Kindest regards,

David

0 Kudos
Sololobo
Community elder
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

You may have been set up for Talk Weekends when you should have been offered Talk More Weekends.

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/phone/compare

Talk Weekends is included in all telephone packages, Talk More Weekends currently adds £1.00 per month to the bill but includes calls to mobiles from midnight Friday to midnight Sunday.

Your situation should be easily resolved simply by Virgin Media putting you on Talk More Weekends instead of leaving you on their standard service.

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.

Only mark a post as helpful if your issue has been resolved.
0 Kudos