Menu
Angelo1
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Linking BT master/extension sockets to the hub 3?

Hi all, is it possible for a Virgin Media engineer to link my Bt master/extension sockets to my Superhub 3? I've just added a phone line now with Virgin Media to my broadband only account and I have an intercom system which is connected to my BT master socket so I was wondering,  and hoping, if that can be kept? if an engineer can connect it it somehow to the Superhub 3? Customer service told me that my landline cordless phone will be connected to my Superhub 3 which will make all the BT sockets in the house not to work.

0 Kudos
jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Linking BT master/extension sockets to the hub 3?

It's possible for virgin to put an adaptor in the hub that makes all the sockets work.

Question is, is it essential?  Technicians may not want to attend at this time for a non fault

Angelo1
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

They have to attend cause I'm moving from talk talk to a new virgin landline in a couple of weeks! I've only got broadband with VM right now and I'm adding a phone line with them now. Well, customer service told me that an engineer will be coming round to connect me? Actually now that you mentioned this I'm not quite sure what the engineers going to do because customer service told me that all my BT sockets won't work once I'm connected to Virgin phone line and all I need to do is connect my landline cordless phone cable directly to Port one of my Superhub 3

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@Angelo1 wrote:

They have to attend cause I'm moving from talk talk to a new virgin landline in a couple of weeks! I've only got broadband with VM right now and I'm adding a phone line with them now. Well, customer service told me that an engineer will be coming round to connect me? Actually now that you mentioned this I'm not quite sure what the engineers going to do because customer service told me that all my BT sockets won't work once I'm connected to Virgin phone line and all I need to do is connect my landline cordless phone cable directly to Port one of my Superhub 3

sort of right - depends on what you understand by port 1 on the hub - that normally refers to the lan ports - there ar 2 phone ports on the back of the hub you plug into one of those - VM will wire from that to a wall box if you arrange it - from that wall box you can connect your extensions by removing them from the BT master socket and re fitting them into the VM wall box - not sure if VM will do that but if its a new type BT box the extension circuit should be plug in and the same is in the VM wall box afaik

Tony