cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line in use call cannot be made

quicky
On our wavelength

Hi All,

We got another one of those dodgy calls the other day.
Picked up the phone. The phone seems to ring onces down the other ends and then went blank.
Put the down down but now we have 'Line in use call cannot be made' permanently.

Tried the online chat but was on for 2 hours before I gave up.

Cannot get through on the landline as obviously there is not line.

Bit worried well end up paying for some some of dodgy call.

Is there any way to cancel from a line if the other end is open.

11 REPLIES 11

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Try unplugging your phone equipment from the phone socket(s). Give it 5 min and then try plugging a phone in again. I have a dim recollection this was suggested on a past topic when someone received a scam call and their line then became locked.

If that doesn't work, one of the forum team will pick this up within a day or two on here to assist you.

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning @quicky.

Welcome back to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you have had some issues with your landline.

Have you managed to follow the advise from goslow? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

quicky
On our wavelength

No luck yey. (only tried for a short while last night so will try for 1/2 hour soon.
Will let you know.

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@quicky wrote:

No luck yey. (only tried for a short while last night so will try for 1/2 hour soon.
Will let you know.

If it didn't clear within a few minutes of being unplugged, I'd not be too hopeful of unplugging being the solution.

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for coming back to me. 

Could you also let me know how your landline is connected, is this via the traditional wall socket or via the hub? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

quicky
On our wavelength

We have a hub but they go into a traditional wall socket

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@quicky wrote:

We have a hub but they go into a traditional wall socket

For the purposes of any testing, you should just work with one phone only plugged into the back of the hub (to eliminate any possible issues with the extension wiring). Have you tried power cycling the hub (with no phones connected) then plugging just one phone into the back of the hub to see if this reconnects the line?

Edit: After re-reading #7, not sure if you are saying your phone connection is from the hub and that is also linked to telephone extension sockets or if you are saying you use traditional telephone wall sockets only.

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for coming back to me. 

I am going to need to look into this further.

I will pop you over a PM so that I can get some account information.

Kind regards,

Zak_M

quicky
On our wavelength

The wire comes into the hub then goes round the hours via cable to traditional plub in points on the walls.