cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line Cord error

Cemjarvis
Tuning in

So my phone line has been migrated to the hub. Resulted in me having to buy new phone kit. BT Advanced Trio, installed in line with instructions I now have:

‘line cord error’ 

cannot resolve 

please help 

5 REPLIES 5

Vikki_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Cemjarvis

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community.

I am sorry to hear you are having some issues with the phone since moving to 21CV. 

Could you please confirm if you have received the adaptor and used this to connect phone?

Can you please check it has been connected correctly following the guide here

Please pop back to us when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Yea recieved the adapter switched hub off and plugged it in. And plugged in the new phone via this filter into the back of the hub. 

I would like the wiring done to ensure my bt sockets can be used. 

Thank you for your response.

Just to clarify please, have you done the below?

1. On the day of your switchover, unplug the cable of your main phone, or base station if it’s a cordless phone, from the wall socket. If you have any other devices connected to this socket, or you use internal phone sockets around your home, please give us a call
  2. Grab the adaptor we sent and plug it into the top grey port (port 1) on the back of the WiFi Hub
  3. Plug the end of the telephone cable you unplugged from the wall socket into the adaptor
  4. Wait a couple of minutes for a dial tone, then make a test call

Apologies, I'm unsure what you mean by use BT sockets? You can use any phone handset with our hub however the connections/wires etc wouldn't need to be changed, you just simply need to plug the phone into the hub instead of the wall socket. 

Please pop back to us when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Answers to your questions:

1 yes - but not day of switch over as away on holiday as soon as I came back 

2 yes plugged it into telephone port 1 

3 yes 

4 yes.  But it was a pre2000 BT phone so did not work.  

I have subsequently bought new phones BT Advanced Trio these arrived yesterday. Set them up in line with instructions. Let them charge for 18hrs before plugging the master phone into the hub via the virgin filter and which is plugged into the telphone port 1 on the hub. I rebooted the hub. but now have line cord error. 

eegarding the comment you don’t understand- I believe form this forum I can request a virgin engineer to attend my property and wire in my existing phone sockets so I can have the phones where I want and not next to the hub.  

Thank you,

Ah okay yes, if you need the phone relocating or have multiple handsets we can send an engineer to do this 🙂

I will send you a private message now so I can arrange this for you.

Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of the page and pop me a reply when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team