cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line Cord Error

Telhb
Joining in

I’ve been looking through the forum and noticed that there are several problems the same as mine!

I’ve also checked both phones, lines, cables, Ethernet, wires, resets and tried the number to test ALL to no avail!! I even checked to see if there is any fault in my area and it states it doesn’t, but I see the same happened to others.

I am disabled and can NOT afford the O2 Bolt to make the calls I need to order my Guide Dogs foods and to call Guide Dogs Welfare as their prices are astronomical (and that’s just for the sim!!!).

I need this rectified immediately (plus I have noticed my broadband has been playing up every couple of days affecting my tv as well as not getting the full internet speed).

Apart from just checking it all, everything has been left as was when the engineers installed it.

Now, if you do have to send and engineer, I am not paying for it as a) I can’t afford it b) I can’t work due to my disabilities and c) very upset to find out when I called to set up my plans was told I wasn’t eligible for the disabled plan only to find out that I am FULLY entitled to it and I’ve been paying over the odds for the last three years as I’m in the vulnerable category and low income.

I await your response and help please!

3 REPLIES 3

Daniel_Et
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Telhb 👋 Thank you for your post and welcome to the Virgin Media Community 😀

We're really sorry to hear about the problems you've been having 😔 We understand the importance of getting these resolved for you as soon as possible. 

In terms of the broadband, general advice on fixing internet problems can be found here. Information on fixing slow internet speeds can be found here. Please let us know whether these checks make any difference to the situation.

As for your package, has that now been amended accordingly on the system?

Pop back to us whenever you're ready and we'll do our best to help.

Regards,
Daniel

Hi Daniel

i did all the checks and I know the internet does slow down during peak times etc but it been happening quite frequently where it affects everything in my household.

as for the plans etc, I’ve only today received letter regarding able to cancel plan before price increase etc, but it states had to be done at beginning of April!!! But no, nothing has been sorted at all as when I did enquire every time when renewing etc, was blindsided or just told wasn’t eligible!!

cost of Living has severely impacted this for me and some days I have to go without food for self as only get benefits for one and I still have to feed/supply my Guide/Assistance Dogs on one income!

Hi @Telhb, thank you for your response. We're really sorry to hear about the situation you find yourself in 😔

In order to look into this for you further, we'll send you a private message on here.

Look out for the envelope in the top right-hand corner. If you're on a portable device with a smaller screen, click on the icon in the top right-hand corner and select "messages" from the additional menu options.

Regards,
Daniel