Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Line Cord Error

Virgin was down today in my area and their website definitely stated there was a problem with the phones also. Line cord error shows and our phones are dead.  Cannot ring out and when I try to ring in from my mobile (thankfully not Virgin) it has an engaged signal once then cuts off.  It is impossible to get to speak to someone and I notice on one of these posts that the lady got an engineer out and they found a fault in the outside box.  This has never happened before and my husband is on the vulnerable list and all relevant people have our home number as the contact.  I am frantically giving people my mobile number.  In the last couple of years the Virgin service has been appalling.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Line Cord Error

Hi Northlass,
Welcome to forums and thank you for your post 🙂
I am sorry to hear this I have checked and everything is resolved now, we are not a fault free service and outages do happen. Do you have a care line?
thanks,
Zoie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi thanks. Phones back on this morning. We do not have a care line. My husband has multiple illnesses including COPD and pleural thickening and has had a cancerous kidney removed so you can see why it is important to have our phone line working. I appreciate what you say but in the last couple of years there have been quite a few problems with Virgin broadband/WiFi. It used to be good but is going downhill and it does get frustrating particularly with another lockdown on 5th Nov. Our Virgin package is important as we are literally housebound especially during lockdown. Regards.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your reply, NorthLass,

Glad to hear it is back on, what issues are you having with your wifi?

Thanks,

Zoie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It is often very slow even though we have the Virgin extenders. At times we can lose the WiFi altogether and have to reboot the modem. We have been with Virgin approximately 7yrs and didn’t have this problem initially. Our Ring doorbell uses WiFi and by the time we can get it on our mobiles or IPads the caller has gone. Our CCTV is hard wired but again we have the system on our phones and IPads and sometimes cannot view the images.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Our boosters do not boost speed they boost range. I have checked and everything looks fine it says that there is a device to close to the router and would benefit from a wired connection

thanks,

Zoie

0 Kudos