Menu
jason56d
Joining in
Message 1 of 44
Flag for a moderator

Line Cord Error

Hi, wife noticed yesterday we had Line Cord Error showing on our landline phone.

As we rarely use it (mother in law seems to be the only person who insists on calling it!) we have no idea how long it has been like that?

Tried a different line cable (no other phone to try), and still shows the same issue?

Logged a fault online and confirmed an engineer visit for today between 12-4pm. But didn't receive an email or text confirmation? Still haven't received a notification today?

Can a mod/employee please check to see if I have actually got one booked for today please? Or a freephone number for me to call from my mobile?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 44
Flag for a moderator

Re: Line Cord Error

Hi jason56d,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I've been able to locate your account using your forums details, looks like a technician appointment wasn't raised successfully.

I've now done this for you, you can view the time and date of your appointment via your online account here

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
jason56d
Joining in
Message 3 of 44
Flag for a moderator

Thanks but don't see it in there under My Orders and Appointments?

And it says can take 24 hours to show? Could you PM me the time and date please? Otherwise I will just book another online as there is one available for tomorrow.

0 Kudos
jason56d
Joining in
Message 4 of 44
Flag for a moderator

Don't worry, now showing, will see if I can get one sooner.
0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 44
Flag for a moderator

Hi jason56d,

I've popped you over a private message now 🙂

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
jason56d
Joining in
Message 6 of 44
Flag for a moderator

Visit booked for today between 8am and 1pm. Had several texts from Virgin last few days asking if we still need appointment etc...

Now 2.51PM, guess what? No engineer. No call, no text, nothing! So 2 weeks without phone, and still waiting.

0 Kudos
jason56d
Joining in
Message 7 of 44
Flag for a moderator

Get's better. Called earlier to see what was happening, waited 25 mins on hold only to be cut off! Now been on the phone for 1hr 14mins! Spoke to someone in CS. She tried to get hold of the tech (x 2) meant to be on site today. She couldn't get hold of either of them. This took 30 mins. Asked them to get hold of someone and have them call me back. She called me back and passed me through to another department, but on hold.

17 mins wait later, go through security check and have a bizarre conversation with the woman. Turns out she was in the pre-install department! Now she has transferred me to another department, yes, you guessed it, on hold! 25 mins later still holding....

You couldn't make this excrement up in a million years. How incompetent can an organisation this big actually be?

So after wasting a day waiting in, spending nearly 2 hours on the phone to actually get anywhere. To say I'm not impressed is an understatement.

As soon as Openreach get their act in order and I can get faster than 24mbps off them, I'm binning Virgin. Just not good enough CS or service.

0 Kudos
jason56d
Joining in
Message 8 of 44
Flag for a moderator

Gave up after 1hr 6mins on call back. That was at 18.09. Only to see they had sent me an email at 18.01, 5 hours after appointment, saying.....

Hello, 

We’re really sorry that we missed or cancelled your appointment with less than 24 hours’ notice. 

We think holding our hands up when things go wrong is just as important as getting them right in the first place.
That’s why you’ll see a credit of £25 on your next bill to make up for this.

So only an email and pathetic £25 credit after waiting in all day (had to take annual leave as on early shift today) without a word and spending over 2hrs waiting on hold.... Pee take

0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 44
Flag for a moderator

Hi jason56d,

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry to hear about what happened with that appointment. 

Looking on our side I can see that you have an appointment booked in for: 21/09/20 8AM-1PM

Are you aware of this?

^Martin

0 Kudos
jason56d
Joining in
Message 10 of 44
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for letting me know, that’s the first time I have heard about it.

I won’t hold my breath though....

0 Kudos