Menu
Reed33QA
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Line Cord Error

Hi,

'Line Cord Error' displaying on the hand set connected to the master socket.

I have performed all of the recommended checks (Test socket direct to incoming line, different handset, different connection cables and so on).

I have also checked for area problems, but no problems reported.

This issue relates to my mothers phone, she has Dementia and has no idea that her phone is not working, but obviously it is very important that the problem is fixed ASAP.  The phone line links to 'Care Call' services which cannot be used while the phone is out of action.  

Any advice on how to contact or get through to a Virgin Media assistant or engineer or a simple solution would be appreciated.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Line Cord Error

Hi there @Reed33QA

Welcome to our Community and thanks so much for your first post - I am sorry that you're having some issues with the landline currently. 

As this is for your Mother's landline, I'll pop you a quick Private Message to get some details and we can take a closer look for you to see what is going on. We can also check the account to ensure she is registered for our Priority Fault service. 

This means that if she has any issues with the landline or broadband and requires a technician, we aim to get one out within 4 working hours. These are as follows: 

Monday – Friday 8am -6pm

Saturday/ Bank Holiday - 8am- 3pm

Please look out for a Purple Envelope and pop back to me when you can - we're available here until 8pm this evening. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Reed33QA
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Katie 

Where is the Purple Envelope?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I am sorry about that @Reed33QA - you should have it now 🙂 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Reed33QA
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sorry, I meant where do I find the Purple Envelope.  But, I found it in the top right corner.

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

That's the one - my apologies,. I usually say that in my post; I am so sorry!

Pop me a reply ASAP and I'll do what I can to get this logged this evening. If not, I;ll have a colleague pick it up first thing tomorrow morning

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

0 Kudos