Menu
orielense
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Line Cord Error

My phone is working fine for making calls; but it flashes a "line cord error" message whenever anyone attempts to make a call to me. In other words, it registers that a call is incoming, but it doesn't "pick up".

The actual, physical line cord is fine. I've checked; and, as I say, outgoing calls work.

I think the error is at your end.

Please advise.

0 Kudos
Natalie_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Line Cord Error

Hi orielense,

Thank you for posting to the Community. 

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with your land line.

I have ran a check on the landline from our side and it everything looks ok from our side. 

With no issues showing can we ask that you try a different handset on the line? Can you please also confirm the handset make so we can run some further checks in to this problem?

Thank you 

Nat
0 Kudos
orielense
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for responding.

The phone model is BT6500.

0 Kudos
Natalie_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your reply and providing the make of the handset. 

I have taken a look online regarding this issue and found this information.

No dial tone or line cord error message displayed on-screen Only use the cables and batteries supplied. Make sure both the mains power adaptor cable and telephone line cord are plugged into the correct sockets. Poor speech quality Make sure the product is not located too close to other electrical appliances.

Have you been able to locate a different handset to test on the line? I appreciate this may be a little difficult under the current circumstances. 

Thanks

Nat
0 Kudos