Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Line Cord Error

I’m using a BT handset phone on my virgin phone line and have done so for the last 3 years without any issues. We don’t use the phone often so haven’t noticed it until now, but it is coming up with line cord error. Tried to ring the home phone through mobile and it just rings through but doesn’t actually ring in the house.

I’ve done the online test check through the website and says the line is fault free. Is there anything else that can be done?

Thanks

Troy

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Re: Line Cord Error

Hi there @petch13

Thanks for popping along - so sorry that you've had some issues with your landline recently. 

I have been able to do some checks from here on your landline and at the time of writing, no issues are showing here. 

You advise that you are getting a message advising "line cord error". This usually dictates an issue with the handset itself rather than the line.

Have you been able to test an alternative handset in your socket (borrowed from a friend or neighbour perhaps) to see if that works? 

If you have a cordless handset, please ensure that the base is fully charged along with the handsets and ensure that all cables are secure. 

Please do pop back once an alternative handset has been checked and if you're still having issues we can go from there. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Hi there,

Unfortunately I am still experiencing the issues I raised originally, including trying a different handset as suggested.

Thanks

Troy

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to us petch13,

Sorry to hear you landline issue is on going, please check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a PM from me

Kindest regards,

David_Bn 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Same problem exactly - spent ages on my mobile yesterday with no help at all other than to hear that my case had been "escalated" and they would call me  ...within 24 to 72 hours I think was said (I am a retired person with hearing issues!) I assume they will cal on the phone that doesn't work ... constantly being referred to online ...just going round in circles and with no working landline ... very frustrating.  Am now looking at alternative providers such as Plusnet 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Hi NeilWynn,

Thanks for reaching out to us, I have answered your other post, please can you stick to one post, this make it harder for us to help as we are answering unnecessary posts when we could be dealing with your issue.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 31
Flag for a moderator

You have had multiple replies because I keep being sent round and around - annoying isn't it?  and so far have had no answer .. has our line been checked?  is it the line or our phones?  no one seems to be able to answer - and I note I am not alone here!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I have checked things our end and I cannot see any issues at all, line cord error can be due tto a fault our end however it can also be due to a phone fault, please try a standard type phone in the socket , unplug any extension cables or filter ETC.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 9 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Well this conversation dried up ... I am hoping the chat will have more results. meanwhile looking at Plusnet where I can say £30+ per month!! and maybe get my phone sorted!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 10 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Like most people I don't have spare phones lying around to plug in so can't do that.  I have no idea what filter ETC even means.  Maybe it is the the Virgin Wifi booster we just installed??  But so far I am not getting much real help ..

0 Kudos