cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lifeline customer landline issues

Hasbulla
On our wavelength

sorry me again, 

my grandad is a lifeline customer, his home phone on 21cv is playing up, he can make calls but when we call him there is no dial tone and when he answers we can only hear ourselves.

called twice to no avail, can someone help me out please. 

cheers 

6 REPLIES 6

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Hasbulla 

We are so sorry that this has happened and thank you for posting again to our forums, it's great to have you back. 

I'd be happy to check your Grandad's line and see what we can arrange for him via a PM. I will pop you a PM across now, please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message. 

Hasbulla
On our wavelength

Hello, 

hope raising here instead of a new post was correct, my Grandfathers phone has been intermittent, my Dad dealt with it and a tech was booked got Saturday, my grandad waited in all day and nobody arrived…

he’s in limbo now and wanting to leave, my dad called on Weds and Saturday a tech was booked, has the way a landline issue for lifeline customers changed?

slightly concerning a his panic alarm etc is rendered useless  with the intermittent issues. 

he’s looking to leave but again I find myself vouching for VM to get it sorted. 

Could someone kindly look into it please? 

thanks 

Hasbulla
On our wavelength

Further update to this, a tech has visited this morning and confirmed the original installation was done incorrectly to quote him “it’s a mess” how is this happening to a customer who’s listed as a lifeline? 

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey, Hasbulla.

Thank you for all the posts and updates on this issue, glad to hear you've had a technician visiting recently.

Sorry to see the first tech did not complete the install correctly, this is not the lever of service we aim to provide - our apologies. 😞

Could you please let us know if the issues with the landline have now been restored after the last technician appointment or you still need help with the landline?

Please, confirm and we're eager to support you further where needed.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hasbulla
On our wavelength

Seems so, they’ve left a load of mess (cables) that I can go and sort out, my Grandad wants to raise a complaint regarding this though. 

As mentioned my dad was told he cannot over the phone by an agent and a manager (we know that’s not true) 

can this be done via the forum?

thanks Adri

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

I'm really sorry to hear you've had such a poor experience, Hasbulla.

I'd be eager to raise this to the relevant team as we do have a special process for cabling and technician work complaints, should you wish me to do it.

To be able to help out, I'll send you a private message here soon.

Please, check the top right-hand side of our page to find a white envelope.
Click on this and you'll see my message.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs