cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Left my mother (88) lives on her own without a phone for 5 days.

JHW1
Joining in

Don't bother. They have left my mother (88) lives on her own without a phone for 5 days. They didn't contact her just cut off so they could update to digital. She can't use a mobile phone. The customer services team unfortunately cannot understand English. Very poor. I'm switching her over to BT.

7 REPLIES 7

JHW1
Joining in

Moved my mother's home phone to BT today as virgin left her without a line for a week without telling her or me (she's 88 and has Dementia) virgin should have called me.

I suggest many people move to BT better service 

Hey JHW1,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the experience that was had by your mother, you should have been informed in writing and via email of the migration. I'm sorry if this didn't happen to your mother.

If you'd like to raise a complaint about this, we would be happy to raise it for you.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

My mother is going through the same situation right now. 85 years old with a community alarm that doesn’t work because virgin have cut her phone line so she is in a very vulnerable position.  Can you provide me with a phone number so I can speak to an employee that can get this fixed pls either by getting her line restored or cancelling the complete contract.  Thanks

Hi there @Lindyl007, thanks for reaching out to us and a warm welcome to the Virgin Media Community forums. 👋🏼

I'm sorry to hear about the issues with the phone line and the connection of it, especially at this age when a landline / method of communication is vital.
I can assist on this if you'd like me to sort this out or alternatively you can ring our care team on 0345 454 1111 and the faults team will be able to get a phone line enabled.

Let us know which option you'd like to opt for and how it goes.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thank you Ilyas, how soon would you be able to work on getting the phone line reinstated pls? What info do you need and how can I contact you directly to provide info?

Thanks for the reply @Lindyl007 on the forums.

Let's see what we can do for you here.
I'll send a private message.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

Thanks for speaking with us today @Lindyl007 on the VM forums. 👋🏼

I'm glad we have set something in place to assist to try and get this resolved.
As advised - let us know how it goes Monday afternoon and we can follow up from there.
Feel free to reach out to us for anything else you may have queries on regarding.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team