cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline

Bettina
Joining in

Looks like my phone has been cut off as keeps saying please check line cord all is fine I called virgin on my mobile they said there is a fault and looked on my virgin said it was broadband missing channels nothing to do with my landline it's still saying please check line cord 😡

10 REPLIES 10

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Bettina 

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community.

Sorry to hear of the phone line issue. Can you confirm, is your landline plugged in directly or via an adapter, to the telephone port one on the broadband router?

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

It's plugged in hub and phone 

Power from phone is plugged in a extension haven't had problems before with it 

Perfect thanks. 

Can you unplug the adapter from the router, then unplug the router.

Leave it two mins, then re-plug all in and try again for me?

Keep me posted.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi @Bettina 

Try it without the extension lead for me and report back.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

There is no dial tone it's just dead that's what makes me think its been cut off 

It's not been I can confirm 🙂

Please do as requested and report back.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Done all you have said still says please check line cord.

My account bis being cancelled on the 9 Nov wether it's because of this I don't know I have paid up till that date.

That's what makes me think they have cut my landline off for some reason yet I've paid it to the 9 Nov 

I have never had a problem with it before then. 

And I've paid for this service till the 9 Nov