cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline

Andy4819
Joining in

How long do you have to wait for you own landline to be connected and set uo. I have a temporary number but when i call my landline its registering as engaged?? 

Tks

5 REPLIES 5

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Andy4819 

Welcome to our community forums and services. Thank you also for your first post.

Sorry to hear you are still waiting to get your landline number port. We want to do our best to help. Do you still have your old landline active with your old supplier? Were you given a date for the landline port? https://www.virginmedia.com/help/mobile/keep-my-number

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Akua_

Found the answer.. tks

QuickStart
Once you’ve set up and activated your services, we’ll begin the process of switching over your number, which could take up to 10 days.

Glad to hear you were able to find the answer. Just to confirm, did you place the request to port the number to our service? Also, is the old landline still active with your old provider?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I did ask for it to moved from Sky to Virgin. I called Virgin on Friday..  they said they didnt have any request to tranfer my land line.. so they have requested it and i have to wait 10 to 15 days for it to be done...

Hi @Andy4819 thanks for your reply.

So sorry about this, we can appreciate this is frustrating. If this hasn't transferred over within the aforementioned timescales, please let us know and we can investigate further.

Many thanks

Tom_W