cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline

maddrae61
Tuning in

After waiting for you to fix an area problem for months I am still having issues with my phone line, sometimes the numbers dont work other times it just screetches, surely this isn´t still an area problem, I need a working phone, also my broadband keeps going off and I have to wait for it to connect again, this has been ongoing for ages but I am still charged the same monthly amount and I have been giving you the benefit of doubt, but I am getting really frustrated  with it all now. I have tried to use  online help but it just goes round in circles and I cannot find any help at all. can you please help me?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi maddrae61,

Thank you for your post. I'm so sorry to hear you're still having issues with your landline, and with your broadband too. If your landline is plugged directly into your Hub, these issues may coincide with each other.

I've had a look this end and there are no local outages showing, however your Hub uptime is very high which can cause issues.

Can you please reboot your Hub at the wall socket and monitor the connection and we can go from there?

What happens when you are unable to call certain numbers on your landline? Also, can you please clarify what you mean by 'screetches'?

Thank you

Beth

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi maddrae61,

Thank you for your post. I'm so sorry to hear you're still having issues with your landline, and with your broadband too. If your landline is plugged directly into your Hub, these issues may coincide with each other.

I've had a look this end and there are no local outages showing, however your Hub uptime is very high which can cause issues.

Can you please reboot your Hub at the wall socket and monitor the connection and we can go from there?

What happens when you are unable to call certain numbers on your landline? Also, can you please clarify what you mean by 'screetches'?

Thank you

Beth

maddrae61
Tuning in

Sometimes the numbers do not work and then there is a piercing noise. Other times I cannot even get a dial tone and have a piercing noise again. I have rebooted my hub but this makes no difference as my phone is not connected to my hub

Thanks for getting back to us.

Have you been able to try using a different landline handset in the socket to rule out it being a device issue?

Also, has your broadband connection dropped since your Hub has been rebooted? 

Beth

Doesn't seem to be a difference since rebooting hub. Have tried various handsets but none of them work right either

Thank you for checking.

I've popped you a private message so we can look into this further. Please look out for my message over at the purple envelope.

Thanks 🙂

Beth

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi maddrae61,

Thanks for providing your details via PM with me

I've gone ahead and booked the next available engineer visit for you, to view or change the appointment time, you can manage your booking here: 

https://virg.in/vmorders

I also just need to make you aware, that there may be a £25 charge for the appointment if:

The customer is not present for the technician visit (aka a missed appointment).
   The fault is due to customer's own equipment.
  The fault is due to damage caused by someone at the customer's premises which we were not aware of.
  The fault is due to theft, loss, or removal of equipment.

Let us know if you need anything else and how the visit goes.

Thanks!

Beth