cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline

hazeldoro
Joining in

Landline down since power cut yesterday. Checked phones and also used different plug in phone but still no dialling tone. Virgin shows no issues with phone line. Unable to contact them as 151 from landline connects with Vodafone on my mobile.Very frustrated.

Sounds like the line is open but no one there

13 REPLIES 13

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi hazeldoro,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting on our community forums. Sorry to hear that your landline has stopped working for you.

We apologise for any inconvenience and disruption this issue has caused. We appreciate your trying an alternative handset already.

Remotely looking form our end, your are still being affected by an area outage. This is due to be rectified by this evening around 6.40pm, however this is subject to change.

We have raised a faults ticket regarding this issue for you already. 

Kind regards Jodi. 

Thanks for that. I don't know why it is so difficult to contact VM, as before I joined the Forum, I had been trying for hours. This looks like the way to go?

You're most welcome hazeldoro,

We do apologise for the long wait times to speak to an agent currently. If after the estimated fix time has passed and you're still without a phone service, please come back to us through this channel for further help.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Will do thank you.

Still no telephone... 19.45hrs.

Do you have any updates or an idea what the problem is please?

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @hazeldoro,

Thanks for coming back.

I have checked and it is resolved, I am sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I can see you have an engineer booked, please do let us know how this goes.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

It is not resolved and I know nothing about an engineer being booked. Please clarify

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

The area fault is resolved I mean, sorry for the confusion there @hazeldoro.

Looks like this was booked once the area fault was resolved, please can you log into your online account and check the booking?

Let me know if you are okay with this or not.

If not I will help you further from there.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide