Menu
linzijmitchell
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Landline

Everytime I ring my landline from my mobile its rings twice then changes to the engaged/busy tone. Three other people in my house have tried and all fine. Ive cleared blocked numbers on my landline and I still have the same problem.

My mobile provider has checked lots of settings and connections etc and has concluded that my mobile number must be blocked by virgin. But as I can no longer speak to a human being at virgin I'm at a loss what to do.

Any ideas please?

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Landline

Afternoon @linzijmitchell

Welcome to our Community and thanks so much for your first post; sorry that you're having issues calling your landline from your mobile. 

We're not able to block individual numbers from calling a landline - its not a feature that we offer so if you have blocked numbers, this would be a handset feature. 

I have located your account from here and can't see anything that would stop you getting an incoming call; it seems it may be your mobile provider that would need to do more checks as  you have advised that others can call you with no issues. 

Have you tried a new handset in the socket to see if that helps? 

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
linzijmitchell
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Katie

Thanks for the reply and its good to know that numbers can't be blocked by virgin.

We have no issues calling out, it is only when I can my home phone from my mobile but my husband and 2 children don't have the same issue and are all on the same network provider. So it can't be a fault with the handsets.

As I previously said I cleared all my blocked numbers on the handset so it can't be that either.

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for popping back @linzijmitchell

Have you tried your SIM in another mobile device to see if that works? 

Have you tried a new landline handset to see if that helps? 

It is very unusual that only one number is having an issue which is why it is most likely an issue with your mobile. 

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
linzijmitchell
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Katie

Yes we did try my SIM in another phone and it still didn't work.

Yes it is strange that it is only the landline I am having the issue with.

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to us @linzijmitchell

I have looked into your line and have removed the number from the network and re-added it, please can you let me know if you're still having the issues now.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
linzijmitchell
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you.

I just found out I did block my number on the handset. I thought I'd cleared it earlier, double checked and found I didn't!

Sorry

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

No problem @linzijmitchell, just glad that its sorted for you now, have a great rest of your day.

Thanks

Steven_L