Menu
leedsloiner
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Landline

Landline not working. Have been through all the various hoops but still not working. Unable to speak to a proper person because call centre closed. We are very elderly and very worried without landline.

1. No dialling tone

2. Unable to make outgoing calls. Phone does the pings but does not ring at the other end. (Tried various different numbers)

3. Cannot receive calls

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Landline

Hello leedsloiner,

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue looked into with your landline, I am sorry its become a problem.

Have you had landline before this issue occurred or have you recently had it installed?

When it it start?

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi again leedsloiner,

I have just checked your services and found that there is an outage which is stopping your landline from working.

The engineers are still looking into this for you, at the moment there is no fix date but it will be updated soon. 

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos
mitch84
Superfast
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Why does the phone lines go down so often, think this is really poor from VM, what if we have an emergency and a person doesn't have a mobile phone.

I'm pleased I'm out of contract.

0 Kudos
leedsloiner
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

No problem, leedsloiner.

If you want an update on this in the next few days please just come back to us and we will be happy to look for you 🙂

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos
mssib
Settling in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

WE have had no landline since early morning. Also broadband was not working properly.

Unable to contact Virgin?

Using the diagnostic test was a waste of time as it just kept going round and round.

When will our phone be fixed?

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi mssib,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community I am sorry to hear your landline is down at the moment, have you checked our service status to see if there are any known issues? 

I have tried to check things our end and haven't been able to find your account with the details we have for you.

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos