Menu
ianbright
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Landline will not make outgoing calls and receive calls but have dial tone

My landline phone through Virgin has a ring tone but all attempts to phone out come back with the reply that the number being called is unrecognsied. Phones calls into the phone have a ring tone to the caller but is silent at the phone. The calls go to a voicemail box somewhere. I cannot call 150 to get Virgin Media help and teh website at VirginMedia is useless - not even a chatbot. This has been going on for months.

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Landline will not make outgoing calls and receive calls but have dial tone

HI ianbright, thanks for the message. I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with the landline and want to get this resolved for you. Can you confirm if a fault test has been completed online and if you are still having this issue when you try a different handset? Chris 

0 Kudos
ianbright
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Chris - thanks for the reply.

Yes - a fault test has been carrid out in teh Virgin systeme / website. It clomes back saying there is no error.

No- I have not tried another handset. I have only one landline phone. It has worked perfectly until this outage. I am not going to buy another landline phone.

It is odd. I have ringtone but all numbers dialled out are replied wiht "The number you have called has not been recognised". All calls coming in ring n teh senders handset and go to VM - but I don't know wherer that VM is and cannot access it. The landline doe not ring when people make calls to the phone.

Best wishes

Ian

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I will send you a private message so that this can be looked in to further for you. Chris 

0 Kudos
ianbright
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

All fixed. It turns out the telephne cable was in the disused BT line not the Virgin line. The lead had been moved when a soem furniture was moved. The excellent technician found another fault that was going to cause problems in the futue.

0 Kudos