Menu
davidpope267
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Landline voicemail

After three visits from engineers to fix a noisy landline (OK now) I am left with no Voicemail(activated by dialling 1571) although it is part of my package. I have spent several hours over the last three weeks contacting Virgin Media but it is still not fixed despite reassurances to the contrary.  Last caller (1471) doesn’t work either although caller display is now working. Can anyone help or offer advice?

0 Kudos
Hollie_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Landline voicemail

Hi there @davidpope267 

Thank you for your post, apologies for the late reply. We have been very busy and doing all we can to reach each community member ASAP. 

I've been able to locate your account and I can see that you have spoken to the team and they are investigating as at the moment there are no issues listed for your line. 

If i send you a private message I will be able to take over this complaint if you're happy for me to, and we can look in to getting this sorted. Let me know and we;ll go from there 🙂 

Thanks, 

Hollie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
davidpope267
Tuning in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hello Hollie,

Thanks for getting back to me of this issue.  Please set up private messaging through my registered email address so I can give details of exactly what the problem is with our landline Voicemail and what checks we have already carried out this end.

regards

David

0 Kudos
davidpope267
Tuning in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hello again Hollie,

Someone phoned on Friday 14th Aug.(mobile) while I was out driving.  I asked him to contact me again when I was at home after 13:00 but, so far, no further contact

regards

David

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi there David (@davidpope267)   Thanks for getting back in touch with an update, I am sorry that you're still having issues with both your 1571 and 1471 call features currently and also not had a promised callback.  

After checking your account, I was able to see that these features were not listed on the telephone exchange. I have managed to get these manually updated and added for you today. Please can you check both features your end and let us know if you're still having issues and we;ll check again if needed. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

davidpope267
Tuning in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hello Katie,

Thanks for sorting this out finally - both 1571 and 1471 have now been successfully restored.  We suspected that this was something that had been disabled in error and just needed someone with your expertise to reinstate them.  All I need now is to know how to extended the number of rings to at least 12  before the voicemail cuts in as we need a little longer to reach to phone to answer a call.

thanks again

David

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Glad to hear that that all worked for you @davidpope267 - we do appreciate you popping back with an update to let us know. 

I can certainly get the request for your Voicemail rings for you - in order to do so, we just need to pass some security with you first so I'll pop you a quick Private Message and we can get that sorted within the next 24 hours 🙂 

Just look out for the Purple Envelope in the top right and pop me a reply when you can. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi there David, 

Thanks so much for your Private Messages - all matched and I have requested the ring extension for you; this should be completed within around 24 hours 🙂 

Please do give it a test for me tomorrow and let me know how it goes. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

0 Kudos
davidpope267
Tuning in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hello Katie,

As of 16:00  this afternoon (24/8/20) there are still only 6 rings before the Voicemail cuts in.

regards

David

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi davidpope267,

Sorry for the late reply,