Menu
lilacjc
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Landline voicemail

I have activated voicemail on my landline, but when anyone calls the phone just rings indefinitely.

It was setup with the standard greeting provided by Virgin but it isn't working at all.

I have tried dialling 1571 again but there are no options regarding the voicemail not interrupting the call and taking any messages.

markwells
Dialled in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Landline voicemail

I have a very similar problem. We updated to a new contract last week (internet speed - nothing to do with the telephone). Ever since our phone has just rung out the same as lilacjc's. I rang 1571 and it seemed it was setting it back up for me but no - the phone still rings and rings. If I try 1571 it simply tells me I have no messages, which is, of course, not a surprise! Is there a general problem with Voicemail at the moment??

Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the posts. 

We do advise to keep your query to one thread to avoid any confusion please.

Have either of you been in contact with an agent since your post? 

If not, how is the issue at the moment? 

Are you having any trouble with your other services as well as this?

Let us know, Emily.

0 Kudos
lilacjc
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emily,

I have no problems with my other services just the continuing issue with the landline. I have not spoken to an advisor about this, I was waiting for a reply here first.

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for confirming this, I'll need to check the account for this so I'll pop you over a private message now.

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
markwells
Dialled in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello Emily No contact for me either. Problems are often easier solved on here. I need to know whether I have a fault or whether I need to request a new voicemail service. Thanks Mark
0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for confirming, I'll pop you over a private message so we can look further into the account.

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos