cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline via hub cuts out

flowerseed
Joining in

Since connecting landline to hub we have experienced frequent occassions when the call cuts out and we need to redial. Even then we experience repeated cut outs. We had no problems prior to switching over to  our hub.

Please advise what action should be taken

6 REPLIES 6

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

Have you tried using another handset.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Omadawn
Up to speed

It’s probably a bit of a long shot that someone in your household would happen to also be using the internet at the same time,  but when the call drops, do you also notice an internet connectivity failure?

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

That's unlikely to be the cause as voice calls use a different radio frequency to broadband.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @flowerseed thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

Sorry to hear your phone has been frequently cutting out since the switchover of your landline.  And for any inconvenience this may be causing your household.  Have you (as per Roger_Gooner) tried a different handset?  Also have you tried rebooting your hub?  As you've reached out to us, I am going to send you a private message. Please keep an eye on your inbox in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

flowerseed
Joining in

The problem is solved. It was as simple as replacing the rechargable batteries in all the handsets. The cordless phone is about 10 years old and I hadn't realised that over time  rechargable batteries loose their charge. It was a coincidence that this happened around the time that phones needed to be plugged into hubs.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the update on this flowerseed,

I'm glad that the matter is now resolved for yourself.

Do pop back up to the team if you require any further assistance.

Regards,

Kain