Menu
arbuthknott
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Landline via Hub

My router/hub has two connections for a landline phone, my normal phone socket has been is pretty terrible for years with crackling in background so thought I'd plug it into the hub socket hoping for improvement but unfortunately cannot get dial tone even after pressing WPS button and also rebooting didn't work either, is VOIP working in the BS30 area of Bristol?

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Landline via Hub

1) wps is nothing to do with the phone line
2) its not true voip its cs21
3) it doesn't just work. it needs to be active on your account and if you have a phone line through a normal line it will not be active

call in and report the phone line fault to get it repaired

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
arbuthknott
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your comment and I understand what you say about WPS but it does state in the hub manual "If your phone is still not working, press the WPS button on the front of your Hub. A green phone icon should flash showing phone is set up"!

Obviously I'll have to get it activated as you say.

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community Forums, arbuthknott,

Sorry to hear that you have been having issues with your landline. 21CV cannot be setup from your end. It will require you calling in and speaking with a member of the team for them to provision the service for you. They will need to ask you specific questions relating to your landline and ensuring what dependencies you have on the landline before converting you to 21cv service.  Then it may require an engineer to come out and set things up for you.

Regarding the current issues that you have having with your landline, I've run some remote diagnostics and have not been able to identify any issues with your connection. If you need I can make arrangements to get an engineer out, however if you are planning to convert to 21 CV then I'll hold off on sending someone out as you would be making a switch to the servce.

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos