Menu
ClareH1
Tuning in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Landline telephone 📞

Hello. Can somebody help me please? My landline phone has no dialling tone. I can’t dial out because it says line in use. It’s been like it for six weeks now. 

When I receive a call, it rings somewhere else and doesn’t connect to me. My line is in use somewhere else. What’s going on please? 

I’ve charged my phone and everything is working and plugged in , the phone is working, apart from the dialling tone and it displays: line in use . 

Kind regards 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Landline telephone 📞

Moved here so that it gets into the VM Forum support queue.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi ClareH1

Sorry to hear that you have been having landline issues.  I've got a tech visit booked for you on Thursday, 14-JAN, 8-12. You can view or reschedule this from your online account with this link
Thanks,
Corey C

0 Kudos
ClareH1
Tuning in
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

1. Hi. I've just seen the news and I can't have anyone in here as it's too risky. Once lockdown has eased I can have a technician here, but I'm too scared at the moment. It's not worth the risk. Kind regards. Clare.
0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for replying, ClareH1, just to confirm, are you wanting to cancel the visit?

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@ClareH1 

Most of these crossed line problems can be dealt with by the engineer visiting the local street pit or cabinet.  They probably won't need to enter your property.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

ClareH1
Tuning in
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I don’t want anyone in here because of covid. I’ve just checked the telephone line with another phone I had laying around and it’s not my phone, it’s the actual line. Its definitely something in the network control cupboard or switch board and not my actual phone. 

Will the engineer have to come into my flat? 

0 Kudos
ClareH1
Tuning in
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Graham. I’m too scared to have anyone in here because of covid. I got another phone I had laying about and plugged it in to check it wasn’t my phone. It’s definitely not my phones, they are working ok. It’s the actual line . Do you think it could be fixed without someone coming into my flat? 

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi ClareH1, 

Thanks for your replies, I absolutely understand your concern and respect your caution. 

I can see Corey_C has rescheduled it for a later date which you can see in your Online Account, but I am also going to email the local field manager to confirm if they can just do work externally. If it turns out they need to come into the property, would you like me to cancel the visit completely?

Once things have become a bit safer you can always come back and ask us to rebook this for you.

After all, we are all about keeping you, our engineers and everybody else safe.

Please let me know lovely!

Megan_L

0 Kudos
ClareH1
Tuning in
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Megan. It would be good if an engineer looked at the main switch board to see if my landline is crossed as it has happened before, but not for this long. It got better when I saw a virgin van outside last time, so maybe they switched my line over last time. 

Is there a way we can do this without someone coming in here? If not, just cancel the appointment please as I can’t take the risk of having someone in here. 

Kind regards 

clare 

0 Kudos