Menu
NicolaGyte
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Landline telephone problem via Hub

Have had a new install of Broadband, TV and 'phone services - where my phone now has to be connected via the new Hub3 router. The Broadband and TV work perfectly fine but my telephony equipment (Siemens Gigaset C620a), which worked perfectly via the old master socket, will not operate (no dial tone). It does seem to recognise that there is a connection in that the 'check connection' message disappears from the screen when i plug the phone in.

The equipment works fine when tested on a neighbours' BT socket and an old 'phone that i borrowed works fine with the Virgin Hub. 

The installation engineer wasn't very helpful and suggested i might need an adaptor of some sort or a new phone? Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Landline telephone problem via Hub

Hi NicolaGyte,

Welcome to our Community Forum and sorry to hear that you're having problems with your current handset connecting to the Hub. I've checked your details and can see that everything is fine. Can I ask whether there is an adapter to connect your phone to the Hub? I just want to make double sure as our engineers should have them with them so I'm surprised he didn't check the landline when he was there.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
NicolaGyte
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lisa

Thank you for a prompt response. The line was tested by the Engineer and was working - he also supplied an RJ11 to RJ45 adaptor.

At the time of testing, our Gigaset C620a phone didn't work but an old phone borrowed from a neighbour worked perfectly. The Engineer couldn't seem to  explain why one phone would work and not the other.

We just like to understand why the Gigaset doesn't work? Do we need an adaptor of some sort or what replacement 'phone to buy if required although the requirement to have a new 'phone or a a specific type wasn't mentioned.

Regards

Nicola

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Is that Gigaset phone plugged directly into the Hub or via the adapter? If it's a VoIP phone then you can plug straight into the Hub. If it's not a VoIP phone then you would use the adapter supplied. Most phones will be compatible with the Hub with or without the adapter but we cannot guarantee all phones will be. I can only suggest that you look at the phone manual to see if there is anything that may help.

Regards,

Lisa

0 Kudos