Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Landline telephone number

I joined V.M on 11.06.19 after moving into a property where all the wiring was already installed.  I was given a new landline number which worked well, I made calls from it and received calls into it. 

3 months later on 9th Sept, the line was dead.  It got reconnected, however, I wasn't getting any calls and when I rang for a taxi, my number wasn't recognised, which it does when you ring them on a regular basis, which I had done.  I also got calls from concerned friends on my mobile saying that they had been trying to ring me on the landline number (not everyone likes to ring a mobile).  They were getting responses on the number from a lady who told them that she was getting calls for me.  I rang my own landline number to my mobile and a completely different number came up.  

I rang V.M several time, each time hanging on for around 45mins!  When someone answered, i was told that I never had the original number.  I stated that of course I had as I and others had used it.  An engineer was called and came round on 16th Sept and he was told that it had been an admin error and I would get my original number back on 8th October, so I had to wait another 3 weeks for this to happen but it didn't. I have been trying to get in touch with someone to sort this out.  I have tried the online chat but I get told again that I never had the original number.  This is infuriating - I sent out the number with change of address details to friends here and relatives and friends abroad. 

I have rung the original number and it now seems to be disconnected but I do not have it back.  I just want someone to sort this out but am not getting anywhere.  Has anyone else had this issue?   

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Landline telephone number

Hi Valentineplus1,

Thank you for reaching out to us and a very warm  welcome to our community, I am sorry to hear you have lost the number you were using.

I will be more than happy to look in to this for you, I will send you an invite to a private chat shortly, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Landline telephone number

Hi Sharon,

Thank you for your details, I have spoken to our port team and they have been able to speak to BT as the number went back to them 01702618753 will be back with you on by Monday 21/10/19.

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos