cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline telephone not working

glenn71
Joining in

Hello!

Fairly regularly,  the telephone stops working, with no dial-tone.   This is on a cordless and a fixed connected line.   Then it If I call it from a mobile, you hear the ring tone in the mobile, but nothing happens on the landline itself.  This has happened this week a couple of times already.  

Today, it's not working again.   Only calling it from a mobile isn't possible either - now it tells me there's no such number!

Could someone please help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi, glenn71.
Thanks for joining our help forums and for your first post here, a warm welcome to the VM community. 🙂

We're sorry to hear of the landline issues you're reporting and that it recently seems as the number is no longer active, we'd love to assist you.

In order to check this further and help, I will send you a PM here shortly.
Please, check the top right-hand side of our page to find a little white envelope.
Click on this and you'll see my message.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi, glenn71.
Thanks for joining our help forums and for your first post here, a warm welcome to the VM community. 🙂

We're sorry to hear of the landline issues you're reporting and that it recently seems as the number is no longer active, we'd love to assist you.

In order to check this further and help, I will send you a PM here shortly.
Please, check the top right-hand side of our page to find a little white envelope.
Click on this and you'll see my message.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

glenn71
Joining in

Hello Adri -

It finally works.   It had been cut off for some reason.   To restore service there was a two-step process - reactivating the number, then reconnecting it (on the B-side, if I heard that correctly?).

It took a week, but it was restored in the end.

Oddly enough, I had asked VM to extend my contract for a month, and they responded by ending the land-line only immediately.

Thanks!