cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline telephone not making a ringing noise

kevin_durling
Joining in

Hello, as of yesterday the landline telephone will not make a ringing noise when someone tries to call the phone but it still works when answered.

I have tried to use a spare phone and plugged it directly into the only socket that we have and the same problem still occurs with no ringing noise happening to alert us of a caller.

There are also no faults in the area nor does the service status say there are any problems with the telephone after running the online test.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @kevin_durling,

Thanks for your post, and a warm welcome to our Community Forums.

I'm really sorry to hear that your phone is not ringing when receiving a call. So I can assist further in resolving this, I'm going to send you a private message. Please look out for it in the top-right of the Forums, in the purple envelope.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

BrianFisk
Joining in

This was the answer on another question

"New customers get their landline via the hub with an RJ11 to BT adapter. If you have an old phone it may not ring, so you need an RJ11 to BT adapter with a ring capactor. Nobody in VM understands this at all, so buy it yourself, costs about £5-£6 on eBay."

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @kevin_durling,

Thanks for your post, and a warm welcome to our Community Forums.

I'm really sorry to hear that your phone is not ringing when receiving a call. So I can assist further in resolving this, I'm going to send you a private message. Please look out for it in the top-right of the Forums, in the purple envelope.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ