cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline telephone doesn't work at all

Drogna
Joining in

Recently suffered a power failure about 2 days ago and ever since then, the land line phone doesn't work at all.  When you try and call it from another number (it doesn't matter if that is another line line or a mobile phone), the message  played by the Virgin Media exchange is "The code and number combination are invlaid.  Please check and try again.  You have not been charged for this call."  

If you try and dial out from it nothing happens, not dial tone, no error tone no mesage played out no nothing at all.

Definatley not the handset, tried that on a known working line and it worked as it should.  But it would appear from searching on here that I'm  not the only one of this forum that has expeerienced the same fault after a power cut.

1 REPLY 1

Arissa_H
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Drogna.

Thank you for posting, welcoming you onto our community forums 😊.

Sorry to see your landline is not working after a power cut  ☹.

Thank you for checking for a dialling tone and letting us know there is no error message.

I understand and appreciate you believe it is not the handset but have you tried a different handset? 

I will be private messaging you in order to see what is going on with your landline and hope to get this resolved.

Please watch out for the envelope ✉.

Thank you.  

Ari - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide