cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline swtchover

Miicksterbs
Tuning in

My main concerns when moving from BT to VM was when should I give notice to BT and when would VM switch over my BT number. Every time, many times I voiced my concerns I was assured that VM would take care of everything.

After trying for over a month to have someone deal with my problem all I ever got was unfulfilled promises. My next move on was on 18 March 2023 to make an official complaint. It is still ‘Active’.

My problem which was about poor communications bad customer care persisted so on 9 April 2023 I filed another official complaint, quoting ‘further to’ the original.

With the speed of light the new complaint was marked ‘Resolved’.

Only a Bot could resolve an ongoing complaint without providing a resolution!

At the end of this contract VM retentions will have their work cut out!

5 REPLIES 5

Client62
Legend

To avoid this situation we ported both of our BT phone lines to a proper VOIP provider Sipgate.

It was one of the best moves we now control the numbers and they are not tied to a fixed location.

The big plus is the phone numbers will not be involved during the next change of ISP.

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Miicksterbs 👋

Thanks for posting, and welcome back to our Community Forums. 

We're very sorry to hear about the problems you faced during your Number Port from your previous provider. In regard to the complaints you raised, if you already had one open at the time, which related to the same issue, your newer one would be closed as it would be a duplicate - this is to prevent additional workload on our teams, which can cause delays in responses for you and other customers.

I've taken a look on our side, and it does appear that the Number Port has been completed - are your Landline services working as intended with your original number? Can you make/receive calls?

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Hi Reece

On 24 March I managed to talk to an operator who knew what he was talking aboit and he promised it would be fixed in 7 - 14 days and it was, so yes I can make and receive calls now.

My complaint re service still stands + I am still out of pocket to the tune of £33.60.that I had to pay BT for the additional month over their contract.

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for confirming, Miicksterbs. I'm glad to hear your service is now working as intended 😊

In regard to your complaint, I'll drop you a private message now, so I can take some details and assist further in getting this resolved.

Please look out for it in the top-right, purple envelope.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi All!👋 Just returning to this public thread with an update. 

Thanks to Miicksterbs for PMing with us, (I picked this up with them in my colleagues absence from the office). We were able to help get this issue resolved, finding a resolution to the complaint they were happy with. This has now been closed on this basis. If ever needed, you can view and manage complaints here 👉 https://virg.in/mycases. 

If there are any further issues please do get in touch to let us know! We will be happy to help. 
Thank you for your patience whilst we got things sorted! Wishing you all the best. 🌞

Molly