cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline switchover

aldave
Joining in

Hi,

can someone please confirm how the switchover schedule is made. Is it by are, account number, etc or any other criteria?

Thank you 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @aldave 

The home phone switch over is scheduled by area. 

Customer should receive personal information and next steps regarding their switchover date and what is needed to complete the switch, either an adapter or a compatible router so the switch over can do ahead as scheduled. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

goslow
Alessandro Volta

VM's scheduled switchover takes place based on area. Some individual customers are switched over as an alternative to VM fixing faults on traditional telephone landlines.

If your area is being switched, VM normally gives notification of this quite a bit in advanced. Some reports on here do described customers claiming they had no notification from VM before their landline was switched over in their area.

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @aldave 

The home phone switch over is scheduled by area. 

Customer should receive personal information and next steps regarding their switchover date and what is needed to complete the switch, either an adapter or a compatible router so the switch over can do ahead as scheduled. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

terr-virg-hlp-1
Tuning in

I had a text to my mobile (nearly missed it), As I have medical equipment connected to my landline, I said I wanted an engineer to come out and set it up, no problem. My main telephone was downstairs (as normal) and my router was upstairs, Fortunately I had a long telephone cable (from pre Broadband times), you received the   internet via you landline (no mobiles then). All set up and tested OK