cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline switchover

Mrs_G1
On our wavelength

Hi,

we had a hub 5 a while ago, and when I checked I was told that I didn’t need an adaptor for my landline as it wasn’t ready for switchover yet. 

I’m wondering what’s happening in regards the switchover, and when I’ll be sent the adaptor for my landline?

Thanks very much 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Mrs_G1,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome back, we will send you notification Via an Email once your Landline Switchover is going ahead, we would also send the Adaptor just before the switchover date.

Regards

Paul.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Mrs_G1,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome back, we will send you notification Via an Email once your Landline Switchover is going ahead, we would also send the Adaptor just before the switchover date.

Regards

Paul.

The switchover has been done and my house alarm is not calling me when alarm goes off now.

Hi @Tlugz  👋.

Sorry to hear that your house alarm is not calling you with the new switchover 😢. Have you contacted the provider of your house alarm to ensure they are aware that you have switched over to the new telephony service and that it is compatible? 

Please keep us updated.

Sabrina

Yep virgin told me there will be no problem. Provider said its not compatible 

Hi @Tlugz 👋.

Thanks for getting back in touch so quickly. We apologise that you was advised of a 'no problem' status for the home alarm link to your phone, we are not always aware of the companies that are compatible. We would always advise the customer to check first with their company to see what stage they are at for the switchover to the new telephony service.

Companies such as the one who have provided your house alarm would of been informed of this and advised to take any steps required to ensure compatibility to their existing and future customers of any changes that would need to be made for the new infrastructure of the new telephony system in place. 

We hope this link 👉 https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/advice-for-consumers/future-of-landline-calls will give you further assistance to your home alarm company as to how they can ensure your services remain to keep your home secure.

I hope this helps.

Sabrina

Yep that do but it means I have to pay for it now. If the engineer can come and assess that would be great as I really can't afford to be paying money out and it wasn't long ago my neighbour got burgled

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@Tlugz wrote:

Yep that do but it means I have to pay for it now. If the engineer can come and assess that would be great as I really can't afford to be paying money out and it wasn't long ago my neighbour got burgled

Your description on your own topic sounds more like your alarm hasn't been connected to the 21CV line.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Home-Phone/New-phone-plugged-into-hub-and-house-alarm/td-p/5304...

Hi @Tlugz 👋

Thanks for getting back in touch. It is something that our engineers do not do, it would be an engineer appointment over the phone or in person with the company that supply your house alarm I am afraid. 

Sabrina