Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline switchover saga

Leegourlay
Joining in

Hi guys. 
My elderly parents have no broadband. 
I’m having a nightmare trying to get an engineer to install a hub in there house ready for the landline switchover in 2 days time. 
Been trying to organise this for about 6 weeks but when I call Virgin I’m either filled with broken promises or been sold broadband. 
Has anyone got tips how I can actually speak to someone who knows what they are talking about. 
Thanks Lee

PS. i am the account holder so passing security is fine. 

3 REPLIES 3

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Leegourlay thanks for your post here in the Community, although we're sorry to hear of the concerns you've raised here.

We can see that yesterday you spoke to us and it appears this was all resolved, can you confirm this is the case please?

Once an appointment is booked in, it will be the earliest appointment available, please let us know if you need any further support.

Many thanks

Tom_W

Hi Tom. 
Thanks for confirming this. 
This saga has went on for weeks and when I finally seem to get a somewhere I’m getting conflicting information. 
On the MyVirginMedia app it says I have no appointments. 
On myvirgin webpage it shows I have an order due on 16th 
I have already been promised an engineer but this never came to anything. 
I am just loosing my wits but with your confirmation I hold out a bit more hope. 
An earlier app would be better as it currently booked after the switch date of the 12th which will leave elderly and vulnerable without any phone. If this is not possible thanks for trying. 
Thanks Lee

Hi @Leegourlay thanks for your reply.

Okay, with the order showing in your My Virgin Media webpage this will be displaying your switchover appointment, it will just be reflected as an order because as you've said, you need a new Hub so a new Hub will be part of this for you.

You'll get a confirmation text message closer to the time of your appointment and if any earlier dates are available in the lead-up, you'll also get communications about this too.

I hope this helps and if you need any further support, please let us know.

Many thanks

Tom_W